590 Solutions Way, Suite 120 Rockledge, Florida 32955
PH (321)635-9535 FAX (321) 635-9171
The Anger Management Classes will utilize curriculums created by Dr. Ron Potter-Efron that are based on the Prevention, Containment and Resolution (PCR) Method for Effective Anger Management. Dr. Potter-Efron, Director of the Anger Management Center in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, has been a Clinical Psychotherapist for more than 20 years, is a best selling author of numerous books about anger, and is considered to be an expert regarding the subjects of anger and anger management. Materials used to teach the Anger Management Class will include Dr. Potter-Efron’s book “Letting Go of Anger: The 11 Most Common Anger Styles and What to Do About Them” and his PCR Anger Management Workbook. The Anger Management Class curriculum presents:
1. Information to help clients understand that everyone experiences and expresses anger.
2. Information regarding the emotion of anger itself, defining it and looking at the three basic ingredients that interact to create a state of “being angry”.
3. The four related domains of being (physical, emotional, cognitive, spiritual) in which anger exists and impacts each individual.
4. An investigation of the sources (external and internal) and nature of anger, as well as the hidden function one’s anger is serving, its underlying source and the effect (damage) occurring in each of the client’s domains of being.
5. An in-depth look at 11 different types of anger responses, how they function and the best ways to manage them in day-to-day life. Each client will have the opportunity to determine which response(s) he/she uses and how to reduce the associated emotional and physiological impulses generated.
The Anger Management Class will help clients learn steps for calming down, effective methods to use in problem solving, and the importance of taking responsibility for one’s actions, which will in turn lead to increases in self-confidence, self-esteem and empowerment for one to take control of one’s own behavior.